Re: your mail

OK, I tried posting this to John Ertel personally, the Navy must not like
me or my return address.

So, John, here is my question for all to see:

Where can I find IGOR? Sounds like a good program.

Now as far as "canned code" goes, I believe that Mathematica, MAPLE,
MatLab, and MathCad all have a true Hamming branched code built in
functions. Certainly Mathmatical Recipies has this as listed code either
in FORTRAN or C or PASCAL. Additionally, the IMSL libraries all have this
routine. One last APP that includes a true FFT is "IGOR" which is a very
nice signal processing APP. In fact, you'll probably have to search long
and hard to find a signal processing routine that is important but not
found in IGOR.

Thanks,

Dean Livelybrooks Physics education and
Department of Physics mud DO mix.
1274 University of Oregon (541)-346-5855
Eugene, OR 97403-1274 USA (541)-346-5861-FAX