Re: Jackson on Jackson

At 5:58 PM on 11/13/96, <phys-l@mailer.uwf.edu> wrote:

How many Jascha Heifetz would we expect to produce if we lectured to
violin students instead of giving them individual instruction? Maybe
physics is more like violin playing than it is like history.

Leigh

Cool. I've used exactly the same analogy (well it was a piano) with my
students in an attempt to get them to quit trying to memorize notes and
spend more time trying to solve problems and prove things.

Chip