Re: Relativity

At 1:07 AM on 11/6/96, <phys-l@mailer.uwf.edu> wrote:

To simplify that rotating disk problem consider a circular disk spinning at
high relativistic rim speed v about its axis which is stationary in the
observer's frame of reference.
Leigh

I don't know the answer off-hand, but the assumption that C is still 2 pi R
is so simple and innocent that I suspect it.

Chip

I suspect it willstill look like a round disk viewed off axis,
but with the edgesred/blue shifted if seen by reflected light.

Clarence