New Arons book

Hi, everyone,

While browsing the John Wiley on-line catalog, I saw that Arnold
Arons has published a new book which seems to be a more detailed version of
his earlier "A Guide to Introductory Physics Teaching". For those who are
interested, here is in the info:

** New Wiley Title **

Teaching Introductory Physics

Arnold B. Arons, Univ. of Washington

NEW C 0-471-13707-3 1996 816pp cloth Net price

** Description **

Introductory physics presents a challenge to students and teachers
alike. Arons has spent years studying how students understand
physical concepts, models, and lines of reasoning. In this guide,
he presents observations from throughout the physics teaching
community that have a direct bearing on classroom practice at the
most basic levels of the subject matter. Divided into three parts,
the first deals with basic teaching techniques, the second with
developing homework and tests, and the third introduces classical
conservation laws. It gives instructors everything they need to
make physics accessible.

I called and the price is around $62. I'm going to order a copy, but maybe
someone out there has already seen it and may want to give an informal
review.

Dennis

* Dennis E. Krause Phone:(413) 597-3306 *
* Department of Physics Fax: (413) 597-4116 *
* Williams College Dennis.E.Krause@williams.edu *
* Williamstown, MA 01267 *