Re: .Bernoulli and curve balls.

John Mallinckrodt says:

It seems to me that I heard somewhere that velocities are frame-dependent;
isn't it just a little peculiar, then, to say "pressure is high where the
velocity is low" and vice versa? I guess this is just one more reason
why I generally prefer momentum transfer as an explanation for lift and
drag phenomena.

But relative velocities are frame independent. Not that I know which
velocities to compare; given stationary water in a pipe, I doubt that you
can reduce the pressure by moving the pipe. Or can you? 8-S

--
--James McLean
jmclean@chem.ucsd.edu