Re: What flows? (books)

Somebody asked:

As someone concerned about using the correct language in class. Can you
suggest a source which does use the correct language in describing heat?

I'm basically in the Jim and Leigh camp on this issue (with some
differences, e.g. I'm perfectly happy to talk about an energy flow with Q
being a particular way or process by which energy transport (flow) can occur
between two systems.)

I think precision and language matters! and helps to prevent sloppy
thinking, in which thermodynamics is particularly prone .

Having said this, let me recommend one book that I think does a fairly good
job with this (and many other topics, this book has one of the best
explanations of why the B field outside of solenoid is zero (or near zero)
that I have ever seen in a book; the optics diagrams are very clear and
correct and make important points).

The book is "University Physics" by Crummett and Western published by WC
Brown.