Re: Need Doppler Demo (fwd)

How about fastening the whole thing to a wood slat with a hole
drilled in the other end. Put a nail loosely through the hole into a
wooden dowel so you can whip it around as a rigid system. Since the
buzzer always points in the same direction (up), wouldn't this
minimize the volume problems?

2. If you tie it to the end of a long string and swing it around
your head you can minamize the rotational wobble but there is a
significant variation in volume that we all know accompanies dopler
shift. After some indepth discussions with students in subsiquent master
confrences the majority of my students identified the volume change
rather than the change in pitch as the primary dopler effect.

I would be very intrested in any thing that works better. I was
fortunate that my school was on a 8 lane loop (IH635) around Dallas and
we could go out and listen to the cars.