Re: Course help: names of physicists

Luis Alvarez (sources: "Alvarez" autobiography, "Discovering
Alvarez" ed. W. Peter Trower, University of Chicago Press)

I wanted to be sure I got that one in. He is the most interesting
of the bunch, I think.

Richard Feynman (sources too numerous to enumerate, but James
Gleik's "Genius is pretty good)

Physicists working outside traditional physics departments who
are interesting would include Einstein, Franklin, Gibbs, Davisson
& Germer, Bardeen, Brattain & Shockley, Penzias & Wilson, Ivar
Giaever, Joseph Henry, Count Rumford,...

Anyone on the Manhattan Project, some MIT types (there are many),
people from the wartime Radiation Laboratory at MIT and, oh yes,
by accident leave out anyone from Harvard. That'll get 'em.

Check AJP for short biographies and pick some you like. That
way you will collect your citations simultaneously.

Leigh