Re: Friction

I guess I'm confused on the difference of slipping on pavement or
slipping in water. In either case, the acceleration of the car is less
than optimum. If some 'slippage' were desireable, why do antilock brakes
work? The sensors (located on each wheel) tell the computer that the
wheel stopped turning. The computer decreases the pressure in the brake
piston so the wheel can freely turn.

Sam