Speakers for Workshop in Constructivism/Learning Paradigm

Folks,
I am posting this note on both PhysLrnr and Phys-L. Apologies to
those on both lists who will get this note twice.
As a part of our activites for faculty at the beginning of the
academic year this Fall we would like to have a workshop which
addresses philosophies of education other than the traditional
lecture format. There is particular interest in Constructivism,
student centered learning approach, interactive teaching methods,
and on how to foster independent and critical thinking in students
etc. Not being an expert in the formal study of these areas, I suspect
they are all interrelated. We would like to do this not just for
science faculty, but for faculty across the disciplines.
What I need is a recommendation of any speakers/groups which
conduct (one day) workshops which are particularly effective in
orienting teaching faculty to the vistas/possibilities provided by
innovative teaching philosophies which depart from the traditional
"chalk and talk" methods. The workshop date is Sept 17.
If any of you folks can recommend a speaker/speakers who can very
effectively give a research based perspective of the more avant-garde
educational philosophies in a workshop format, I would deeply
appreciate it. Thanks in advance for any responses.
J.B. Sharma
Gainesville College
jsharma@hermes.gc.peachnet.edu