Re: Old Stars

Hi,

The extreme case of the original question is the microwave blackbody
radiation left over from the big bang. If this light was produced a few
hours ( or minutes ) after the bang, why did it take so long to get here?

Light presently seen from distant quasars is believed to be from
the first billion years ( or maybe 10's of millions of years) of the
universes life.

I think that the answer is in general relativistic effects.

Thanks
Roger Haar U of AZ