Re: Rossby waves

Ari & Jim
What do you mean when you say that tidal buldges are mythical?
They are certainly complex, and intro textbook descriptions are certainly
greatly simplified, perhaps oversimplified. I suppose it could even be
argued that presentation of such a simple model creates a mind set that
actually makes it more difficult to understand real tides (a danger
anytime one tries to apply physics to the real world) but mythical????

By the way Ari, I'm really enjoying your description of Rossby Waves.