Re: Info request-European Physics/science Museums

I, too, was in Florence when the science museum I wanted to visit was
closed but I found a "zoological" museum run by the University....
............... they were all done in the late 1700"s.

.......... Of special interest to me is the work of Brunelleschi
who designed the dome for Santa Maria del Fiori, the incredible duomo or
cathedral of Firenze.....

And if you're in Padova you can go to the "Bo" as the university
is called and see among other things the pulpit from which
Galileo delivered his lectures.

The Deutsches Museum (Munich - already recommended) too is crammed
full of interesting historical stuff - I spent a couple of days in
it and felt like I needed a week to do it justice - but you know,
as far as the science, as opposed to history of science, is concerned,
I would happily trade that week for a few hours in the San Francisco
Exploratorium, which I enjoyed visiting almost ten years ago.

If you're going to be in Geneva on a Saturday you might get in
on one of the day visits to the CERN. They arrange these for
groups months in advance, but if you are 1 or 2 people you might
be able to join a group that has already arranged a visit. The
head of visits and reception is:
Paola_Catapano@macmail.cern.ch

Mark.

Mark Sylvester, Duino, Trieste, Italy.