bell labs record

Hello,
I have used for many yearsa record called "The Science of sound"
produced by Bell Labs.
The records are gettingin bad shape and the playback equipment is
also showing its age. Our school system has decided that there is no
future in vinyl records or in 16 mm films so thatequipment that dies
is not replaced.
I need to find equivalent stuff (or improved) that is available on
CD or video disc or vcr tapes, etc.
What do you have to suggest for purchase?
Thanks, Jim Braunsdorf