Re: A Practical Problem in E&M

One more additional comment. A few years back I inadvertantly grabbed the wrong
converter when I was overseas. I was stage managing a show chior and hooked up
our amplifiers to the 1500 watt scr converter rather than to a 200 watt
transformer converter that I had. It blew the power supplies on the amplifiers
sky high and flames shot out of the case. Ever try to fix an American power
supply in a small village in Romania? After a few hours of trying to find parts
I lucked out and a Soviet TV technician that was accompanying our group loaned
me one of his and also a Soviet autotransformer.

Raymond A. Rogoway * The woods are lovely, dark and deep *
Independence High School * But I have promises to keep *
1776 Educational Park Drive * And miles to go before I sleep *
San Jose, CA 95133-1795 * And miles to go before I sleep. *

Internet: rrogowa@cello.gina.calstate.edu
rogoway@nes.nersc.gov
AOL rayrogoway@ aol.com
Fax 408.926.6785