Course help

I am working on the modification of a course in the physical sciences for
education majors. I want a course that is heavy on student involvement
and experimentation. I also want to make connections between basic
principles and activities that are appropriate for elementary and
secondary schools. I am looking for resources to use in that course. Has
anyone had experience in a similar course, and can you provide me with
references or other information that would be useful in planning the course?
Thanks.
Al Clark