Question About RAM

I know this really isn't directly linked to physics, but I am pretty sure
I can get an answer from the list. I currently am working with a Mac
with only 4 MB of RAm and I am looking to upgrade to at least 8MB. I am
looking in several catalogs at expansions and their costs. But when I
try to compare two sources, the prices are either very different or are
the same for what looks like different things.

One thing that would help is if I knew the difference between 70 ns and
80 ns memeory. One catalog advertises 70 ns and the other 80 ns. I know
this somehow relates to the speed, but how much of a difference is it?
Must I use a certain one or can I choose? If I can choose, what do you
suggest?

One last thing. Do you think it is safe enough for me to install the
memory? Some ofthe catalogs are trying to sell a $10 piece of plastic to
hold the chip. Do I need that?

Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Jonathan Gillis
Enloe High School
Raleigh, NC
gillis@avalon.nando.net