Opinions in physics (was RE: Relativity problem)

On Tue, 2 Apr 1996, JONATHAN GILLIS wrote:

I thought opinions weren't valid in physics. The lack of opinions is
one of the attractions of physics for me.

Jonathan,

The great thing about physics is that there is always only one valid
opinion on any subject--that of nature. Our opinions are valid when they
agree with the opinion of nature. The problem is that it can be quite
difficult to get nature to express its opinion.

John
A. John Mallinckrodt email: mallinckrodt@csupomona.edu
Professor of Physics voice: 909-869-4054
Cal Poly Pomona fax: 909-869-4396
Pomona, CA 91768 office: Building 8, Room 223
web: http://www.sci.csupomona.edu/~mallinckrodt/