Re: [Phys-L] electric shock

I like #1 and would add direct destruction of skin tissue. If you draw a
VdG spark to a key you can see pitting, metal vaporisation and erosion
on the key tip surface. Though the ionic slime in skin sweat and in
your blood may dissipate this enough to avoid for healthy skin.

Also the sudden muscular twitch can be painful.
I have not hear of anyone seriously injured with a classroom VdG,
surprisingly. Though I do ask folk with pacemakers or holding
sharp screwdrivers and knives or balancing on stools to keep back
as I do worry about sudden uncontrolled muscular twitches.

Dan MacIsaac, Associate Professor of Physics, SUNY-Buffalo State College
462SciBldg BSC, 1300 Elmwood Ave, Buffalo NY 14222 USA 1-716-878-3802
<macisadl@buffalostate.edu> <http://PhysicsEd.BuffaloState.edu>
Physics Graduate Coordinator & NSF Investigator for ISEP (MSP) and Noyce