Re: [Phys-L] Upper-level electrodynamics text

I have learned from an early text by Wangsness, and I have colleagues who love the new version as much as the last. One of my former students said that had he not used Wangsness as an undergrad. he never would’ve understood the crap which is Jackson.

http://www.amazon.com/Electromagnetic-Fields-2nd-Roald-Wangsness/dp/0471811866/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1431083512&sr=1-1&keywords=wangsness

Peter Schoch