Re: [Phys-L] so-called "modern" physics

~ five years old:

On 2014, Feb 26, , at 06:53, John Denker <jsd@av8n.com> wrote:

On 02/21/2014 11:12 AM, Larry Smith wrote:

P.S. Isn't it interesting that we still call stuff that is over 100 years old "modern"?

Yeah, that's weird. On the other hand, art from the same
period is still called "modern art". Maybe we are moving
toward a post-modern definition of "modern".

That started me thinking of various ways of improving the
terminology, which was a colossal waste of time, until I
remembered the rule that should have been the starting point:
IMHO the rule should be: ideas first, terminology later.