[Phys-L] Mission: Physics winners announced!

I am proud to announce the winning students of our first Mission: Physics
peer-to-peer teaching competition.

We received thirteen entries from thirty students across the US and had
five physics teachers judge the videos based on two criteria: engagement
and educational value.

Visit our new website at MissionPhysics.com <http://www.missionphysics.com/> to
see all the videos!

The winners:

*1st place: $1000*
Cory L., Sam W., and Sean H.
Guilford High School in Guilford, CT

*2nd place: $500*
Peter H.
Wethersfield High School in Wethersfield, CT

*3rd place: $250*
Matthew M., Matthew S., Madison M., and Mariana B.
Chambersburg Area Career Magnet School in Chambersburg, PA.

*4th place: $150*
Kerem G. and Justin K. (feat. Jamie W., Aurelia L., Lauren H., and Alissa
T.)
Brecksville-Broadview High School in Broadview Heights, OH

*5th place (tie): $100*
Joseph C.
Montebello High School in Montebello, CA

*5th place (tie): $100*
Miles T., Quinn T., and Blake T.
Junipero Serra High School in San Mateo, CA

Thanks to these students, we are on our way to building an online portal of
student-generated physics lessons. I am looking forward to our spring
competition.

Jim Flannery

founder, Mission: Physics

MissionPhysics.com <http://missionphysics.com/>