[Phys-L] Horological scaling Was: Re: widget rate puzzle ... reasoning, scaling, et cetera

While we’re about scaling, I pray, this is of interest:

"The simulation uncovered interesting relationships among amplitude and velocity in the presence of changing L and g. In particular, we see that when gravity or length changes, amplitude and velocity do not follow each other.

Here is a summary of the results:

If Δg/g = 1, then ΔT/T = –½, ΔE/E = +½, Δv/v = +¼, Δh/h = –½, Δa/a = –¼.
If ΔL/L = 1, then ΔT/T = +½, ΔE/E = –½, Δv/v = –¼, Δh/h = –½, Δa/a = –¾ "

Horological Science Newsletter 2014-5 "Pendulum Simulation 2: Changing Length or Gravity by Tom Van Baak

bc