Re: [Phys-L] Question on special relativity

On 12/20/2015 09:17 AM, Savinainen Antti wrote:

I know that there is a mistake in reasoning but I cannot pinpoint it.

1) The standard response in all such situations is:
Draw the spacetime diagram.

2) Probably the conceptual error is to think that bouncing off a
moving mirror is the same as bouncing off a stationary mirror.
It's not the same. The energy is different and the direction is
different. The moving mirror does work on the light.

Make the analogy to playing pesäpallo. A ball hitting a moving
bat is not at all the same as hitting a moving bat.

If that's not enough of a hint, please re-ask the question.