[Phys-L] Presenting misconceptions detrimental to learning ...

I'm trying to find an article that I read in the last month or so.
What I read was a news article about a recent study.

The article stated that presenting misconceptions first actually
reinforced the misconception, rather than opening the door for the
instructor to correct the misconception. Students who had a
misconception about a physics phenomena, upon seeing a demonstration
meant to illustrate the misconception, would actually distort what
they remembered of the demonstration to fit and reinforce their
misconception!!

... or something like that ...

If anyone knows what I am talking about, I would *greatly* appreciate
being directed to the news article or original study.

Thanks,
Roy Jensen