From: Phys-l [mailto:phys-l-bounces@phys-l.org] On Behalf Of Rauber, Joel
Sent: Friday, May 31, 2013 2:33 PM
To: Phys-L@Phys-L.org
Subject: Re: [Phys-L] a mere 38 years ago

Having lived in that time period, I can attest to the Zeitgeist not being firmly in the camp of global cooling; but more in-line with global warming (though with less certainty then the present). A significant piece of "cultural evidence" related to my comment is the 1973 popular movie "Soylent Green" which depicts a world in 2022 (IIRC) that sees among other things a shift in global climate to a "warmed" world compared to the 1960s world when the book, on which the movie is based, was written.