[Phys-L] suggestions for a sophomore-intermediate optics course text

suggestions for a sophomore-intermediate optics course text?

I've been asked to teach an optics elective course for physics majors and
minors that hasn't been offered in several years. The course would be
next spring (a year from now) and I intend to wedge in quite a bit of
phenomenology into the course, and students should already have
the calculus-based Knight text chapters on optics.

I'd be grateful for your suggestions for (and reasoning behind) a text for the course.

Dan M

Dan MacIsaac, Associate Professor of Physics, SUNY-Buffalo State College
462SciBldg BSC, 1300 Elmwood Ave, Buffalo NY 14222 USA 1-716-878-3802
<macisadl@buffalostate.edu> <http://PhysicsEd.BuffaloState.edu>
Physics Graduate Coordinator & NSF Investigator for ISEP (MSP) and Noyce