Re: [Phys-L] conflated threads

On 2012, Jul 12, , at 10:09, chuck britton wrote:

'Modern' emai contains an entry in the header that is a numerical 'thread' designation. Anyone who responds to such an email is quite able to change the 'Subject' but doesn't change the header numerical thread designation.

This is the way that threads get 'hijacked'. In order to avoid such unintended hijacking each participant needs to start a NEW thread (original Posting) instead of taking the 'Easy Way Out' by 'just' changing the Subject line of an existing thread.

Thanks, that's what I suspected, but I didn't want to accuse so many on the list of being "lazy".

bc thinks, but I just did it!