Re: [Phys-l] techshop opportunity

A long period pendulum clock, w/electromagnetic escapement.

Here's a short period one:

http://www.bmumford.com/clocks/em2/index.html

I think bryan still sells invar for the rod.

Woodward made several mechanical clocks including pressure compensating bellows (barometric compensation).

http://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=cache:LqHsku7lJYkJ:www.stevecaseydesign.com/W5%2520doc.pdf+barometric+compensation+%22philip+woodward%22&hl=en&gl=us&pid=bl&srcid=ADGEEShbJ8192zZ7ncD6pPQYQlKucwESNIdXtdilavkXKuss7xiL61Jbm8Zh-VYJ1PxoH7mYxnuf8s2PgqSpYHHkvivRgxAwEWldIRbxntAHJY96UI-evvQIAior6ayGpZyiym7alxmB&sig=AHIEtbSxv-ZiQ1qMnZ3nm0OuF1HSWkA_Gg

bc