Re: [Phys-l] What comes first, the equation or the explanation?

On 12/22/2011 10:02 AM, Paul Nord wrote:
Picking up on something Brian Jones said at the summer AAPT meeting,
I'll say that experience comes first. He described how students,
allowed to play with florescent sheets and various colored LED's gain
understanding from that experience. When asked specific question
about light and energy later they have a sense that blue light has
more "something" than red light.