Re: [Phys-l] loud bag...physics?

On May 30, 2010, at 1:38 , Bernard Cleyet wrote:

Again I "point out" It's not blowing up the bag or stretching, but flexing it. Here's a clip showing flexing and the resulting "speaking".

that's right...it's just opening the bag, and wrinkling it around a little. if you have a chance to experience it, you should. it's unexpectedly loud, and unlike any bag I've ever dealt with. like silly-putty, it is probably one of those unusual materials. i just realized that I didn't really know what makes a bag loud when wrinkled versus quiet, so it got me thinking...

bb
--
Brian Blais
bblais@bryant.edu