Re: [Phys-l] T dS versus dQ

I found an error in my description which does not affect my calculation. This crept in while I was changing symbols during a particularly nasty accident on the ski hill.

I wrote:

On the left, moving with the speed of the piston, v, is a volume of gas of length v*t having a pressure P'.

I should have written

On the left, moving with the speed of the piston, v, is a volume of gas of length (u-v)*t having a pressure P'.

I didn't use that equation in my calculation; it was included for descriptive purposes only. The result is unaffected by my error. I'm sorry if it only succeeded in confusing some of you.

Leigh