Re: [Phys-l] Is the Gamow; Bohr-Weizsäcker model passé?

P.S.

1) If the two initial drops do not fuse (passing each other or sliding over each other) then no fission is expected.

2) I also do not expect a fission-like decomposition when the neutral drops fuse. The resulting larger (also neutral) drop will move to preserve the linear momentum. It will also rotate, unless the impact parameter is zero.

In other words, no fusion at all. Right ?

Ludwik
= = = = =