Re: [Phys-l] twin paradox question

In a message dated 12/18/2010 8:37:25 PM Eastern Standard Time,
zubarsky@gmail.com writes:

I have always wondered something about the twin paradox. If one twin is
moving away from the Earth at high speed time moves slower for him compared
to his brother. If the brother on Earth were able to see his brother on
the
fast moving ship everything would appear in slow motion. Here is my
question. If the on the fast moving space ship were to look at the Earth
is
it moving away from him at a very high speed too. So doesn't everything on
Earth appear to be moving in slow motion compared to time on the space
ship?
So, why upon return is the traveling twin young and the twin that stayed on
Earth old? I don't get it.
Thanks,
Mike Barr

I wrote this up a few years ago to explain this. Since this is stored in
word the server is going to crunch the text. Hopefully it will still be
readable.

Twin Paradox Defeated
Travel to star and back at .8c Star 20 LY away.
In a message dated 7/14/2003 2:48:37 PM Eastern Standard Time,