Re: [Phys-l] October Physics Challenge

I am needing to be educated about one aspect of all this. One way to
determine the max value of µ(s) is to increase the slope until the mass
starts to slide. The algebra tell us that µ(s) = tanø. All is independent of
mass. So I am confused by the statements that one of the blocks will slide
before the other, based on mass. I have not been able to find that in all
the discussions. Maybe I missed it.

Ken Fox