Re: [Phys-l] PSSC +- (c)

I unfortunately have not seen the book. But if black and white scans
is acceptable (probably even color for some), and if it is alright to
separate the pages, many of us, including me, have access to copiers
that can make very fast scans. 656 can be scanned in less than 30 min
(black and white 300 dpi - Actually, a little faster than making
copies), a little more time needs to be spent rearranging the pages in
the proper format.
The bottom line, it not as tedious as it sounds and I will be glad to
do it for the community if there is no better solution.

Taha

4) Ludwik Kowalski wrote: "I do have the 1960 book; it is in very good shape
for scanning. Who is willing to scan the book (656 pages)?

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

5) Joe Wise wrote:

"I could scan it over time. School is out in three weeks. I helped proof the
6th edition with Uri."

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

I would be glad to send the copy of my book to Joe, for the purpose of
scanning it. But scanning of 656 pages would be a lot of work. My suggestion
is that either Joe, or someone else, asks for a written permission form the
publisher (D.C. Heath and Company, Boston) if it exists, or from the company
that absorbed it. Puting the file on a DVD would also need a permission;
perhaps both permissions should be asked for at the same time. Let me know
when all is ready.

It is a good idea to make this book available to as many teachers as
possible. I never used it as a textbook. But I am reading it now and I agree
that it a very valuable resource. Actually, I read parts of it before.
Making the films (which match the book content) available would also be a
worthwhile project.

"Physics" published by D.C. Heath and Company, under arrangement with
Educational Services Incorporated. Copyright 1960 Educational Services
Incorporated. No part of the material covered by this copyright may be
reproduced in any form without written permission of the publisher.

Ludwik

--
Taha Mzoughi
Associate Professor