Re: [Phys-l] Comparisons are Invidious (was Energy use)

Possibly even during the special period Cuba had(s) a lower infant mortality than the US. Cuba trains so many doctors they can send them to Venezuela in trade for oil and as volunteers to Africa. This is BW's front end?

bc whose first wife got free vitamins, and a nurse visit for Serena in addition to not a cent cost at the local maternity hospital while I enjoyed a free ** education at Keele, GB.

** Actually more than free. My demonstrator ship paid half of a beginning lecturer and was a sinecure.

bc who sometimes wishes he'd accepted that job offer by the Central Electricity Generating Board