[Phys-l] Physics minor for Biology/Life Science majors

I'm interested in hearing from/about any departments that have implemented a
Physics minor intended for Biology/Life Science majors.

The minor that I have floating around in my brain is one that does not ask
the Biology students to take the same number of math classes that a
traditional physics student takes, but instead compliments the math and
stats typically found in a Bio degree. Courses such as modern physics,
thermo and stat-mech spring to mind, as do electronics and
intermediate/advanced lav courses. I am not picturing a bunch of
watered-down courses offered only to these students, but getting them into
the regular physics stream and steering them toward the courses that don't
require significantly more in terms of math/stats prerequisites than first
year calculus and stats.

Based on experience with this type of minor, are there intermediate and
advanced physics topics or fields which are most broadly appealing to
students following a bio major? I realize that this would be a huge
generalization, but I'm trying to see if there are courses which have been
found to be of great or little interest to these students.

Joss Ives
University of the Fraser Valley