Re: [Phys-l] STUDY SUGGESTS NO CHILD LAW MAY BE DUMBING DOWNSTUDENTS

Interesting comment. As far as I know there no method for retesting in the NCLB high stakes tests. Further, this suggestion could have an enormous impact on our health care system. If you have test anxiety get over it, becomes, if you have a broken leg, get over it. Or if you have cancer, get over it. Just think of all the money we could save.

joe

Joseph J. Bellina, Jr. Ph.D.
Professor of Physics
Saint Mary's College
Notre Dame, IN 46556

There can always be a
mechanism for students who have performed very well in classes but tested
very poorly to be retested, but testing is part of life. Get over it!