From: phys-l-bounces@carnot.physics.buffalo.edu on behalf of John SOHL
Sent: Sat 9/22/2007 11:58 PM
To: phys-l@carnot.physics.buffalo.edu
Subject: [Phys-l] term schedules

Hi All,

Our campus administration is attempting to fix a problem (that is primarily) with the summer term by redefining the entire academic calendar.

A counter proposal has been proffered that uses a 4 day week calendar. The idea is that 3 credit hour typical semester classes would be held on a Monday/Wednesday and Tuesday/Thursday schedule with Fridays reserved for meetings, research, scholarship, clinical rotations, and Community Service Learning. (Of course, most students would take Fridays off probably.)

The proposal has 1 hr 15 minute class blocks for both the MW and TuTh schedules much as is commonly done for typical TuTh semester schedules.

So, here is my question: Do any of you know of any college or university that has (or had) such a schedule? (Or even something close to such a schedule.)

Thanks,

John

John E. Sohl, Ph.D.
Professor of Physics
Weber State University
2508 University Circle
Ogden, UT 84408-2508

voice: (801) 626-7907, fax: (801) 626-7445
e-mail: jsohl@weber.edu
web: http://physics.weber.edu/sohl/