Re: [Phys-l] term schedules

Perhaps not to relevant, but the college I attended used to do something
like that. However, it was a quarter system school (not semester). The
typical class met 4 days a week, M,Tu,Th,F; there were no classes on
Wednesday. The idea was to provide Wednesday as a reading day for
students. The students referred to it as "wonderful Wednesday". I
rather liked the approach as a student as it provided a "2nd weekend" to
catch-up on your studying. Naturally Tuesday night ended up being a
party night for many students. However the missing day coming on
Wednesday rather than a Friday meant that not many students were
vacating campus to have a 3 day weekend.

If the school really wants the off day to be productive, making it a
Wednesday would be more useful than a Friday.

Having M,Th and Tu,F classes.

Of course, if the true purpose is to give administrators a 3-day weekend
it is probably a settled matter already.

Joel Rauber
Department of Physics - SDSU

Joel.Rauber@sdstate.edu
605-688-4293