Re: [Phys-l] Bernoulli Effect

Well, 95%, anyway.
Regards,
Jack

On Tue, 18 Dec 2007, John Denker wrote:

On 12/18/2007 01:01 PM, Elian Marrash wrote:
According the Physics By Giancoli, chapter 10 page 272
Lift is the result of a difference in air pressure between the upper and
lower part of the wing and the angle of attack.
"Airplanes experience a lift force on their wings, keeping them up in the
air, if they are moving at a sufficiently high speed relative to the air and
the wing is tilted upward at a small angle, where the streamlines of air are
rushing by the wing. The upward tilt, as well as the rounded surface of the
wing causes the streamlines to be forced upward and to be crowed together
above the wing. the area for the air flow between any two streamlines is
reduced as the streamlines get closer together."

100% baloney.

Tell me, why does the aircraft control the amount of
lift by means of flaps and ailerons at the *trailing*
edge of the wing?

Tell me, why is the stall-warning vane positioned below
and aft of the leading edge, so that it is activated
by being blown forward and upward?
http://www.av8n.com/how/htm/airfoils.html#sec-stall-wrng

It just cracks me up when authors who have not the
slightest idea what the facts are try to "explain"
the facts.