Re: [Phys-l] EM, is it energy

Quoting Craig & Margaret Lucanus <lucanus@iinet.net.au>:

Attributing energy to the field rather than to an object influenced by the
field is something worthwhile which I can pass on to my students. So if
there is nothing under the influence of a field, regardless of field
strength, there is no energy stored in the field. Thanks JB, this is
something I must have missed in text books, or at least it wasn't put that
way. This a helpful list.

There is still ambiguity in attributing the energy in the field. Should it be stored in the electric field, magnetic field or gravitational field? *There seems to be no unique way to resolve the indefiniteness in the location of the field energy.* :-)

Alphonsus