[Phys-l] Tenure-track physics position at Millersville University

As some of you already know, I'm retiring from Millersville in May of 2007. Here's the ad that will appear in the December issue of Physics Today for my tenure-track replacement. Please urge anyone whom you think might be eligible and interested to apply.

--Pat Cooney

The Department of Physics at Millersville University invites applications for a full-time, tenure track, assistant professor position beginning August 2007. Tenure and advancement will depend on quality teaching and continued scholarly activity.
Required: Ph.D. experimental physicist (Ph.D. must be completed by the date of appointment). Demonstrated record of successful undergraduate physics teaching, research interests that can involve senior physics majors, and a successful interview and colloquium presentation.
Preferred: Expertise in one or more of the following areas: plasma physics, biophysics, or quantum phenomena. Demonstrated interest in physics education research will be favorably considered. Located in historic Lancaster County, the campus is within three hours drive of numerous cultural and recreational opportunities in the cities of Baltimore, Philadelphia, Washington, and New York, the Pocono Mountains, Chesapeake Bay, and the Atlantic Ocean beaches. Our solely undergraduate department consists of seven full-time and one part-time faculty, as well as one technician. We serve about 800 students annually and have graduated an average of nine physics majors per year for the past ten years. We occupy approximately 10,000 square feet in the renovated science complex. Additional information can be found at www.millersville.edu/~physics. Full consideration given to applications completed by 1/16/2007. Electronic submissions will not be accepted. To apply, send a letter of application addressing qualifications and integration of your research with your teaching. Include your resume, copies of your graduate and undergraduate transcripts, and have three current original letters of recommendation sent to: Dr. John Dooley, Department of Physics/PHYS-L, Millersville University, P.O. Box 1002, Millersville, PA 17551-0302. An EO/AA Institution - www.millersville.edu

http://careers.physicstoday.org/jobdetail.cfm?job=2451676&keywords=millersville&job_events=1123,1200,1207&ref=1