Re: [Phys-l] some photometry help

I don't follow either poster as I'm a film person. However, one may prevent saturation by "defocusing" -- any sources of defocused objects?

Another advantage of defocusing is colour balance is better preserved, so one may do B-V and get the class.

Hej, you have a polar drive and any old camera including digital, thereby, collecting the data yourself? -- much more satisfying than from the "web".

One may make a drive w/ two pieces of wood, a hinge, and long screw and nut. Mount the camera on one piece and turn the screw to follow a bright star. Since you're in the range ~ 2 =>10 w/ fast film or CCD you probably won't need a drive and the earth's motion will do the "defocusing".

bc, wishes he had the time to do it himself!