Re: [Phys-l] Good Questions

On 10/07/2006 06:26 PM, Cliff Parker wrote:
I am looking for good questions and am hoping that the combined wisdom of my
esteemed colleagues will be able to help me out. Questions I can ask my
high school physics class that will cause them to apply things they have
learned over the years in an effort to figure out the way things are or how
they work.

Here's a simple one:

Suppose you are sitting on the bottom of an ordinary swimming pool, several
feet below the surface. You have an ordinary hose that leads to open air at
the surface. You breathe in through the hose, and breathe out bubbles (to
ensure that the hose doesn't fill up with exhaled air).

This scheme is not widely used. Why not?