Re: [Phys-l] thinking skills (and how to teach thinking skills)

This is all enlightening and very interesting.
But seriously, I still do not know what is meant by
"living in a research environment". Is it possible
that I have been living in such an environment without
being aware of it?

What type of research lives in such an environment?
Why doesn't "action" live in such an environment?
Why don't we "know where the action is until we've tested to find out?"
Besides students, what other "entities" are being tested??
How does one "go about teaching thinking skills" ??
What are the entities being tested besides students?

Is it possible to respond in simpler sentences with a bit more
so myself and others can actually be more effective in
teaching thinking skills?

Herb

On Mon, 15 May 2006 08:37:53 -0500 (CDT) Jack Uretsky <jlu@hep.anl.gov>