Re: [Phys-l] force +- momentum flow

At 09:25 AM 5/12/2006, you wrote:

Momentum and energy are properties of a system. ......they can not move independently of the system,

I would hold that using such language as a shortcut to the
understanding of physics is counter productive. It often leads to a
convoluted discussion of the system.

Using such language in the _teaching_ of physics would be abominable.

At what point during one's education do the powerful ideas behind the Poynting Vector become acceptable???

Can you state the meaning of the Poynting Vector without using the word 'flow'?
(Probably so, I just want to hear how convoluted the statement will be.)