Re: [Phys-l] Equations (causal relationship)

I said...
Each individual force can be measured in many circumstances,
especially the zero acceleration zero velocity case. But I cannot
imagine any way to measure the individual accelerations ...

John D said...
That is a failure of imagination. It has nothing to do with the
actual physics.

Then John went on to describe situations in which it is easy to imagine acceleration. Frankly John, I'm getting tired of you saying things like, "failure of imagination" or "that's no excuse" when you keep changing the examples but fail to address my specific questions.

In my paragraph above (which could benefit from the rest of the context) I specifically am talking about the zero acceleration case where there are multiple forces summing to zero, and I am not able to imagine measuring the individual accelerations that you say exist that sum to zero. Can you please respond to this specific situation? I can measure the individual forces. Can you show me a way to measure the individual accelerations? You say they exist. Show me.

Michael D. Edmiston, Ph.D.
Professor of Physics and Chemistry
Bluffton University
Bluffton, OH 45817