[Phys-L] Re: Quarters vs Semesters

Mike E. wrote in part:

(and as part of an overall analysis that I can not argue with)

|I would hope that those schools for which the
| year-longs contract from 5-5-5 to 4-4 counteracted that with
| expansion of sufficient singles so the overall physics major
| stayed about the same percentage of total graduation hours as
| before the conversion.

For the sake of discussion lets assume the above occurred and that the
year wasn't shortened. This would rate as a good department I gather
this would judged a "good" department.

However, the 90% or more of the students in the year-long introductory
physics course have still been short changed significantly.